Treehouse Product Filter
Know more about a product than
just its price.
We take our shelf-space very seriously. Part of being responsible builders is making sure the products we sell live up to our high standards. We want you to know exactly what you’re bringing into your home. That’s why we score each of our products on health, performance, corporate responsibility and sustainability, giving you a better understanding of the materials you use to build.
We want to make sure that the products on the shelves are safe and don’t cause any adverse health effects. So we want to know:
- Does a product contain any harmful chemicals?
- What would happen if a child accidentally swallowed the product?
- What about pets?
- What are the levels of toxicity in the materials used?
- Does a product contain any known carcinogens?
The items we sell should have a low impact on the ecosystems they encounter. That’s why we ask questions like:
- Where do these materials come from?
- Are they rapidly renewable, renewable or nonrenewable?
- How was the soil, water and air treated in manufacturing them?
- Is the product made from reclaimed or recycled materials?
- Can it be recycled or reused?
Excellence is one of our core values. So we want the products we sell to do what they were made to do and do it well. We ask companies:
- How long will this product last?
- What happens to it when it wears out or breaks?
- Can it be repaired easily?
- Is it energy efficient?
- How is it affected by mold, mildew, moisture, insects, fire, UV light and heavy use?
We want to create a culture of companies that value people, communities and nature through responsible practices. To move toward that goal, we ask a lot of the companies we partner with:
- Do they have environmental and social policies in place?
- Do they source locally?
- How well do they treat the communities where they operate?
- Do they recycle their products?
- Do they pay their employees a fair wage?